How is Jesus Making a Difference in Our Lives?
We’ve spent eight weeks in sermons and in small groups looking at different areas of our lives, talking about the variety of ways that following Jesus is making a difference in our lives.
- Time – How are you committing to trusting God with your time?
- “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hand.” –Psalm 31:14-15a
- Money – How will you live a generous life?
- “The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.” –1 Timothy 6:10
- Technology – How is technology helping us in our relationship with God and the people around us? How have we let it become an idol, something we trust more than we trust God?
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” –John 13:34-35
- Spirit – How are you using your gift of faith to grow and to help others grow?
- “The Holy Spirit displays God’s power through each of us as a means of helping the entire church.” –1 Cor. 12:7
- Body – How are you taking care of your body and giving thanks for all the ways that you are God’s unique and beloved child?
- “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well.” –Psalm 139:14
- Community – How are you working on being more like Jesus to the people around you? What are you thankful for about our community of faith?
- “Love from the center of who you are…” –Romans 12:9
- Work – How are you using your gifts and skills to serve and honor God?
- “Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.” –1 Peter 4:10
- Mind (whole self) – How are you committing your whole mind and self to following Jesus?
- “Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 2:5
- “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” –Mark 12:30
How are you committing your whole self to following Jesus – heart, soul, mind and strength?
[…] is that we need to apply our whole selves to seeking God and listening to him. As you look over the list on the bulletin insert of the different areas in our lives in which we want Jesus to be making a difference, consider […]